Thursday, March 6, 2008

Anonymity

Anonymity, what a concept? I mean to have complete isolation from an ugly world! Well, maybe just it's ugly inhabitants! Imagine a world full of lush greens, almost daily sunshine, exotic creatures, warm weather, blue ocean, beautiful mountains, and smiling faces! That was my world growing up in Haiti! I remember the mountains, waterfalls, envied weather, clean air, beautiful beaches, sweet mangoes, coconut trees, and of course, the non-stop exchange of humor with my siblings. The only sadness that gripped my heart was the absence of my parents because they were in the states. If I had a choice and my beautiful native land didn't become a war zone, I would choose to go back home to relive those wonderful memories. However, reality reminds me that I live in a world where a little girl's innocent wish will not become a grown woman's dream come true.

No comments: