Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Human Perspective

The human perspective can be somewhat skewed when it comes to love and relationships and the obsticle courses involved. For example, the male perspective, is to wait things out and feel their way through what could be something worthwhile; all the while missing out on something that is very real and full of potential. The female perspective, for the most part, is to feel with the heart, emotions, feelings, intensity, passion, compassion, colloquialism, in other words, ladies and gents," L.O.V.E". Does that mean that we, as men and women, will never understand each other on a fundamental level? I think that life's lessons serve most of us well enough to recognize the difference between the real and the imaginary, lust from love!! Unfortunately, it is never that cut and dry...for most people, the romantics, (myself), we find it hard to fit into any relationship norms. Society has so many standards regarding gender roles and behaviors that at times it becomes a matter of morale versus individual happiness. What makes some of us happy doesn't neccessarily prove to be a fairy tale story for others. Some people may need many cohorts and concubines to find the slight bit of satisfaction or a sense of being loved. I, on the other hand, have this irritating habit of giving unmitigated loyalty, and invariably fall for the wrong men!!! My irrating habit is usually followed by this nagging sense of companionship, unity through marriage and strong commitments that always end up blowing up in my face. Why was I raised with this primitive sense of one man for one woman? That kind of thinking is not conducive to modern society...it has me all torn up about my approach to relationship! It seems that everyone else has a much easier time at dating than I do, I'm always overanalyzing my significant other's reactions to my approach!!! What I keep finding out is, men are simplistic creatures when it comes to dating. They do not require much to be happy, whereas, women need way too much in order to be sustained in the relationship. We need romance, travel, constant courtship, passionate lovemaking, chores done right, cooked for, massages on a daily, constant attention, to be complimented promptly, to have meaningful conversations, to be the center of a man's world. Um...again, I say, "MEN ARE SIMPLISTIC"!!! How can we expect so much from someone who just wants to come home, watch TV, eat some food and just relax? It beckons the question...when it comes to relationships, are all women emotional pack rats, hauling too much luggage?

No comments: